Are you involved in Asian tourism? Do you help manage and promote a region, city or destination anywhere in Asia? Do you support sustainable tourism practices? Then reach for the the stars and submit your application by October 1st to the Pacific Asian Travel Association’s CEO Challenge 2015. With the chance of winning $500,000 in marketing support, here’s more about the contest entry.
PATA and TripAdvisor
Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a not-for profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organisations, and has 43 local PATA chapters worldwide. It is currently headquartered in Bangkok.
PATA CEO Mario Hardy decided to launch this contest for members and non-member travel destinations. Representatives from these places must show how marketing campaigns contribute to sustainable growth of tourism to their destinations and economic empowerment to their communities. PATA will award two new and emerging destinations, by shining a bright marketing light on them.
TripAdvisor will deliver digital marketing advice and promotion to the award winners. As the world’s largest travel site, their aim is to support emerging destinations across the globe to showcase their destination’s story and myriad of tourism products.
TripAdvisor experts will work with the destinations by: (1) guiding winners in how travelers across the globe are now inspired, research, plan and ultimately book online; (2) helping destinations to ensure they are utilizing the digital environment to encourage travelers to visit; and (3) getting small and local businesses listed on TripAdvisor.
Contest Rewards and Benefits
The PATA CEO challenge offers contests leading to two winners. Each submission requires entry fees as well as a completed application by October 1, 2015. Here are the rewards and marketing benefits:
- Digital marketing campaign worth $500,000, presented to the winning entry in TWO categories: (1) State, region and provine (i.e. Shandgon in China PRC, Western Australia, Albay in the Philippines and (2) Second tier and third tier towns/cities (i.e. Chiang Rai in Thailand, Guilin in China PRC, Legazpi in the Philippines
- TripAdvisor will work with winners to develop a digital campaign with the assets provided by the winning entrants. Each entrant will have the support of a dedicated team at TripAdvisor who will work with them in the planning and structuring of a digital marketing campaign. Each entrant will need to prepare a set of items and present their destination’s tourism assets. Each destination will need to showcase what products within their destination have a special story for the global traveler.
- Winners (one representative from each category) will be presented the PATA CEO Challenge Top Destination Award during the award ceremony at the PATA Aligned Advocacy Dinner on November 2, 2015 in London, United Kingdom, prior to World Travel Market 2015. The dinner will be attended by hundreds of industry professionals and guests.
- Winners of all categories will receive exposure in the following PATA Communications channels: PATA Conversations (PATA monthly e-magazines; PATA Voice (PATA weekly e-newsletters); PATA press releases distributed to worldwide media; PATA website; and PATA Social Media Channels.
- Winners (one representative from each category) receives a complimentary pass to the PATA Annual Summit 2016 in Guam on May 18 – 21. Winners are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- The winning entries receive free stand space (standard shell scheme booth) at the PATA Travel Mart 2016 in Jakarta, Indonesia from September 7 – 9, with a complimentary PTM pass for one seller. Winners are responsible for their own travel and accommodation expenses.
- The PATA CEO Challenge Top destination logo is provided to the winners in both categories for use in collateral and promotional materials, websites and other communications channels.
Good luck to all who apply!